The parameter determines the order of accuracy for the spatial
derivatives of the ufuncs
and vfuncs. The derivative
operators all satisfy summation by parts (See the
appendix of Diener et al. arXiv:gr-qc/051200 for a description and
more references). Options:
- deriv_order = 2 [Default] 2nd order derivative stencils
- deriv_order = 42 4th order interior, 2nd order boundary
- deriv_order = 4 4th order interior, 3rd order
boundary. Note that this option is not well defined if using excision.
- The file "had/src/hyper/hyperderivs.f90" controls the selection of derivatives; files derivs??.f90 and derivs??_pt.f90 contain the derivative stencils.
- If using dissipation, only option deriv_order = 2 has the
correct dissipation consistent with the summation by parts operator.
Index of all manual pages