Clustering algorithm parameters
The clustering algorithm controls the AMR grid creation.
There are 6 parameters used for controlling the clustering algorithm:
These parameters only have influence if
allowedl > 0.
Parameter clusterDD controls whether grids get decomposed:
This parameter can be useful when dealing with approaching the granularity
limit in an AMR simulation.
- clusterDD = 0 [default] always try to decompose a grid across processors.
- clusterDD = 1 don't decompose the coarse grid across processors
- clusterDD > 1 never decompose, meaning each processor would
have an entire level of refinement local to it.
Parameter clusterstyle restricts the clustering:
- clusterstyle = 0 [default] normal clustering
- clusterstyle = 1 no grid cuts based on inflection points
Parameter clusterreadwrite controls reading cluster info from a file:
- clusterreadwrite = 0 [default] Normal dynamic refinement. No cluster information is read from file.
- clusterreadwrite = 1 Read in hierarchy info from
previously written file (.cluster).
- clusterreadwrite = 2 Write out hierarchy info.
- The clustering algorithm is Berger-Rigoutsos.
author = "Berger, M and Rigoutsos, I",
title = "An algorithm for point clustering and grid generation",
journal = "IEEE Trans. on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics",
volume = "21",
year = "1991",
pages = "1278--1286"
Index of all manual pages